Otis House

The Lunette Window


The design and placement of a lunette window on the third floor was surely meant to be appreciated from the exterior. Though the original window was removed in the mid-nineteenth century, a combination of architect Charles Bulfinch’s drawing, a print from 1834, and evidence discovered in the interior plaster work allowed restorers in 1919 to determine the size and arc of the original.