West End House
The West End House is located at 16-18 Blossom Street and consists of a Colonial Revival brick building constructed in 1929 as a settlement house. The West End House organization was founded in 1907 and served the Jewish immigrant community during the first half of the twentieth century. The archives of the West End House are housed at the West End Museum. The building was briefly used as an Italian youth center until 1965, when the Massachusetts General Hospital purchased it and converted it into an office. The West End House organization moved out of the building and relocated in Brighton. This building retains its original site in the West End neighborhood, its original massing, and original architectural characteristics, including the classically detailed recessed entrance. It is currently under consideration to be razed as part of an expansion project by Massachusetts General Hospital.